We pair our Scholars with a trained adult mentor in the March of their senior year of high school. Mentors are a crucial part of the support system the Palmer Scholars family offers, and they are vital to each Scholar’s success. We are actively looking for community leaders who would like to volunteer as a Mentor for one of our Scholars.
Who is a Palmer Scholar Mentor?
• Community leader
• Culturally aware
• At least 21 years old
• Attained or are close to attaining a post-secondary degree
• Has a clean criminal history
What does a Palmer Scholar Mentor do?
• Provides advocacy, resources and support
• Helps a Scholar navigate higher education
• Connects a Scholar with networking, career, and information
• Holds a Scholar accountable
• Cultivate and foster a relationship with a Scholar
What is the commitment?
• Mentor a high school senior that is going off to college and throughout their time obtaining a post-secondary degree (4-5 year commitment) • Communicate with the Scholar at least twice a month (phone, text, email, skype, meeting, etc.)
Please contact, Ricky Goetz, Mentor Coordinator with any questions: email@example.com